-->

Infinity Ads

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Annyeong-Haseyo Chang Teo! Affordable Korean Restaurant in Paranaque City

If you asked me what my favorite cuisine is, I wouldn't immediately say "Korean" because I know for certain that Koreans love sweet and spicy food. I don't really like the sweet taste on my meals (I'd prefer them with desserts), but eating in Chang Teo BF Homes Aguirre Avenue is always a great experience. I've eaten in Chang Teo three times over a span of 2 months already, so I can probably say that it's well on my top lists of favorite restaurants along Aguirre Avenue. Chang Teo is located just beside Tea Talk of Aguirre Avenue, with a yellow and subtle sign.

Credit: http://www.zomato.com/photos/pv-res-6308363-r_NTg5NDc0NzQ1NT
Parking: The restaurant parking on its facade only had 3 slots so if there are several guests eating, you can expect parking somewhere near along the side of the road. I think this is okay because parking is really a general problem along Aguirre Avenue, knowing that people crowd here for family dinners and barkada meetups.

I took my family for my mom's birthday dinner here!
Ambiance: If you're looking for a fine dining ambiance, this restaurant won't really make the cut. The furniture and even the place itself looked aged and there are some days where there is no air conditioning. I noticed that majorly Korean families and friends go here for a satisfying dinner, those types who couldn't really care much about how the restaurant looks like. Generally I think the restaurant is well-kept despite being old looking.

Service: The servers are young Filipinas who are respectful and responsive, though there are some instances where you have to remind them to give your requests such as house tea, extra utensils or whatnot. Generally they are kind and will take your picture or cook your Samgyupsal if you don't want to cook it by yourself.

Cooking the Samgyupsal
The hotpot soup also tastes great!
Kimchi soup with the other appetizers. Both of them were delish, BTW.
Food: Hands down for the food because it was only the instance (so far)  where I genuinely appreciated Korean cooking. We ordered the famous Samgyupsal, which are pork strips cooking in a skillet in front of your table. The Samgyupsal also comes with free fresh lettuce which you can wrap around your pork. But wait, there's more! The Samgyupsal also came with free appetizers and when they run out you can always ask for more. The appetizers are also varied (sauteed mongo bean sprouts, tofu, Kimchi, egg cubes, etc.) and it can make you full just like the actual short orders. We have ordered several soups already including their famous Kimchi soup, hotpots, etc. All I can say is that everything is delicious!

Price: Not only is the food something to rave about, the price is something to rave about as well. My friends went out for an afterwork dinner and we got quite full after eating Samgyupsal with rice, appetizers and soup. I was pleased to find out that each of us paid only 130 pesos. That's quite a lot for 130 pesos and I was really happy. On average, you will end up sharing 100-250 pesos per person. Quite affordable, huh?

I highly recommend this restaurant if your visiting the South Metro! What other Korean restaurants can you  recommend?

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I love korean barbecue, thanks for the honest review Ms. Angeline. Do you any post about Catering Services in Paranaque?

    ReplyDelete