-->

Infinity Ads

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Drinking Tea is Tea-rrific! Benefits of Drinking Tea

Oolong Tea. Ohhhhlooong. Hahaha
I used to dislike drinking tea except for the regular iced tea. I used to cringe at its bitter taste and pass up the chances when restaurants offer their house tea. However, I noticed that I was gaining weight throughout the holiday season and I was looking for ways to lose weight aside from exercise. I was bored one day and decided to type the keyword "Lose weight" in Youtube and found this amazingly funny and interesting video:


The girl in the video inspired me to drink tea regularly so after researching, I bought a box of Oolong and Green tea. I found out that these are the benefits of drinking tea:

1. Tea helps in overall metabolism. Drinking tea a little while after your meals is a good way of speeding up the metabolic process. It also blocks too much fat absorption.
2. Drinking tea helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. If your family has a history of heart problems, maybe drinking tea regularly will prevent you from having them.
3. Tea is loaded with antioxidants which help battle and prevent cancer cells from multiplying.
4. Tea keeps us hydrated and hydration consequently gives us brighter and supple skin.
5. Tea has no calories and makes us feel more calm after drinking.

If you do some research, you'd find out that tea has tons of benefits that I wasn't able to mention here. I drink tea regularly in the morning and occasionally during the afternoon after meals, but if you're the type who is sensitive to caffeine (like me), you may not want to drink it at night. I officially love tea more than coffee now. Sometimes for taste I put honey, calamansi, or lemon but generally I love the plain tea so I don't do it that often. I encourage everyone to skip the frappes and the cappuccinos (yes, and skip the calories!) and get yourself a good ol' cup of tea

Do you love drinking tea? Why or why not?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment