-->

Infinity Ads

Monday, February 10, 2014

Do It Yourself (DIY) 2014 Highlights Journal: The Gratefulness Challenge

Hello everyone! I'm not the natural artsy-fartsy kind of a person so doing something like this is quite an effort for me. But I decided to make this journal in the hopes of reminding myself of the things that I should be grateful about everyday.


I made a 2014 Highlights Journal out of a recycled brown paper (Papemeleroti-ish style) notebook, stickers, scrapbook materials, pens and other coloring tools. The goal of my journal is for me to be able to look back on my year with thankfulness on how God is working on my life. On my notebook cover it says "Trust in the Lord with all your Heart", which reflects the attitude that I want to have this 2014. I started out pretty late in January (around the last week), but I made it a goal to write and doodle everyday from then on.

If you want to make something like this, it's pretty simple. All you have to do is....

1. Find a notebook or a scrapbook that you are comfortable writing and drawing on.
I liked mine to be something artsy and made of earthen materials so I picked a recycled paper notebook. It's your call to look for a notebook that you like to write on. I recommend using notebooks which have no lines so you will be free to draw without distraction. But, whatever, as long as you're comfortable writing on it, is study and you like its design then it's good to go.

2. Gather some coloring materials and other scrapbook stuff.
You don't have to spend so much looking for these items. If you have old crayons, leftover coloring pencils, unused fancy paper or stickers, you can use them. But if you'd really want to spend on them, I suggest looking for items on the scrapbook section of your local art shop or bookstore.

3. Have the motivation and inspiration to journal everyday.
Remember, this is not your to-do list, so don't put things here to remind yourself of the things you have to do. You should put here the things you were thankful or happy about, or the most remarkable thought you had during the day. You can also post here your memory verse, lyrics of a song, or a quote that you liked. If you want, you can even paste a souvenir (say, a movie ticket or a receipt) of somewhere you went to that day. Photos are always welcome. But since I'm the on-the-go type, I just preferred to doodle and maybe add some occasional stickers or scrap materials every now and then. Artsy or not, the goal is to remind yourself of the things you have to be thankful day by day.

So far, here is what I made from my 2014 Highlights Journal. Now excuse my drawing skills. I am left handed and have relatively poor fine motor abilities. Hahaha.

This is what I wrote on the first 4 days of my journaling.
You are free to draw/write anything you wish. Just one reminder: Keep it positive!


My challenge for you this year is to make a journal similar to this one and be thankful with all the blessings and circumstances that come your way, day-by-day. Are you up for it? :-)


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment