-->

Infinity Ads

Saturday, March 15, 2014

On Complaints

I am not the type who easily looks at the bright side when I'm unhappy or things don't go as planned. It has to be a conscious effort for me to let go of the little "nuisances" that bother me and move on to be happy for the rest of the day. Last Wednesday, I was really down and upset about a heated 'confrontation' between us and a neighbor who has always been forgetting to move their vehicles so I can get out of my garage. I was very upset because when I rang the their doorbell, the owner shouted to her driver "Oh, igalaw mo yung kotse, hindi kasi marunong magdrive." (move the car, she doesn't know how to drive). It was very upsetting since I felt embarrassed since I'm a new driver and hearing that made me feel like I'm a nobody. My mom told me that eventually the lady who said that apologized and gave advice on how to move my car in such a way that I can get out even when there are vehicles parked in front.

I couldn't concentrate in my work very well and I was easily getting restless. Aside from this I was having my period cramps, and I got really tired from work. I barely have lunch breaks during the week (don't ask, I prefer it that way haha), and I felt really grumpy.  

I was looking through my old phone photos and saw this picture I took one traffic Thursday morning on my way to work. The mother and her child looked very happy while opening and eating the packs of crackers probably given by the motorists earlier. 

The little girl was dancing around while her mother opened the pack of crackers for her. For me it was a heartwarming sight because it reminded me that people can smile and learn to be happy whatever state they are in. I took a picture to remind myself that there are people who may seem to have less than I have but they can learn to be happy.

It was as if God was telling me to stop worrying, complaining and being upset about the little things because He has given me so much. He has given me a home to live in, a family to go home to, a wonderful job, dependable friends, good health, but most of all, Himself.

He reminded me that the greatest gift I have is the life He gave up for my redemption and the redeemed life I now live because of Him. That I may not always have what I want but I have enough to say that I am content in Him. That things may not always go my way but I am living a life that is resilient above every trial because He is with me. And that is a blessing beyond comparison.

I am not perfect and I wish I stopped complaining or being upset every now and then but I vow to focus on the things I have rather than those I don't have. If every person did this, then there would be less miserable people in this world. It's something we always hear but let's remind ourselves that our lives are borrowed and every day is a blessing :)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment