-->

Infinity Ads

Thursday, November 7, 2013

How I Controlled My Bacne (Back Acne)

Acne vulgaris
Acne vulgaris (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I am pretty sure that I am way past my puberty but I still have acne problems though it's not really obvious since it's not in my face. It's hard to face your problem when your problem is your face, but I guess it's also difficult when your problem is behind you (your back). So I tried and tested several methods and finally came up with a way to control my back acne. I wanted to share this information for those who suffer from back acne and I really hope it does wonders to you as it did to me.

Disclaimer: I am not a dermatologist nor a skin expert and everything I will post here is based on my experience. Use the products and regimen at your own risk. I will not be held responsible for any possible harm/damage done by the products or this regimen and I'm just sharing the information in the hopes that it could help someone curb back acne problems.

First, you must be able to acquire these over the counter products, or something similar to them:

1. Celeteque Hydration Moisturizer (blue label) - This is a water-based moisturizer which is non-comedogenic which means it won't clog up your pores. No matter how oily your skin is, don't skip moisturizer as it helps your skin keep its natural moisture balance since you'll be using products that will dry up your skin and your acne. If you don't have this available in your area, choose a water-based moisturizer (e.g. Aloe Vera, Gel types) labeled "non-comedogenic".

2. Shulammite Carrot Soap - I've heard great stuff about carrot soaps and I realized that it's true since it works wonders for my back. I also use this for the rest of my body. If this item is not available in your area, you can opt to use another brand of carrot or carrot/papaya soap with anti-bacterial properties.

3. Benzac AC 5% (Benzoyl Peroxide) - The generic name for this is Benzoyl Peroxide, and the brand I use is Benzac. This is the main pimple killer. If you want this regimen to work, you must not neglect this product. If you don't have this certain brand in your drugstore, ask for the available Benzoyl Peroxide creams.

4. Loofah - this is for exfoliating or taking off dead skin cells. You will only use this once a week.

The Regimen: (Do this regimen 2x a day, once in the morning and at night)
1. Take a regular bath, and use all the hair products first (shampoo, conditioner, leave-ons, etc) but do not soap your body first. Make sure you are finished using all your hair products before soaping your body. If you have hair longer than shoulder length, sweep your hair over to the side and as much as possible, don't let the conditioner or shampoo touch your back. The best way to do this is to apply shampoo or conditioner while your hair is swept over to one of your shoulders.

2. Wash off all hair products and start soaping your body gently. Apply a generous amount of carrot soap on your back and soap gently. Make sure that the soap lathers up, soap your body for at least 2 minutes.

3. Rinse thoroughly and pat your back dry. Sweep your hair over to the side and start applying the Benzac cream. Spread evenly and thinly on all the affected areas of your back (or even those not usually affected but you feel might be when your breaking out). Wait for at least a minute to dry.

4. In the same way, apply the moisturizer on all affected areas. Wait for a minute to dry, and after this you can start wearing your clothes.

5. Choose a day once a week to gently exfoliate your back. After applying the soap lather gently scrub the loofah all over your body and back. When I mean gently, scrub for the sake of removing dead skin cells, not to pop your back pimples. Dead skin cells can also clog pores and cause breakouts.

That's it! I had horrible bacne prior to following this regimen and had several big pimples on my back simultaneously. But after this, I have only several scars left and some of them have totally disappeared. Consistency is key! It also helps to follow some of these tips that I will list below.

* For the gym buffs: after sweating it out in the gym, it's okay not to take a bath right away but make sure that you'll rinse your back after working out, and pat it dry before changing clothes. If you're a girl, it's also important to change your bra after working out.
* Sweat is your biggest enemy in treating your pimples. As much as possible, don't let sweat dry on your back. 
* Don't sleep late! Sleeping late can activate hormones which in turn aggravates sebacious glands to produce oil.
* If possible, wear loose cotton clothing to prevent your pimples from being irritated.
* Change your bath towel, bed sheets and pillowcases frequently to prevent accumulation of dirt. Wear sleeved clothing when you're sleeping or at home to prevent your back from being exposed to dirt.

I hope this blog helps! Don't forget to share if you or you know someone who has bacne problems! :-)

Here are some products available in most areas that can be used to follow the regimen:




Carrot essential oil is an expensive ingredient derived from pure carrot extracts. It improves the complexion by removing toxic build-up in the skin, stimulating collagen formation, healing wounds, and normalizing sun damage. Shulammite Carrot Soap harnesses the benefits of one of the most rejuvenating natural oils that can be used in skin care. This simple, easy-to-use beauty bar effectively addresses seven (7) skin problems: pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, pimple scars, oily skin, excessive sweat, rashes and irritations, such as prickly heat. It is gentle and safe to use for kids and adults alike. Use everyday for clear, healthy, glowing skin.





Benzoyl Peroxide is an effective treatment against acne, and this is exactly the brand I use that worked on my back pimples.





Soothing gel containing enriched Baobab Tree extracts and Organic Aloe, supplies instant moisture to the skin with refreshing feel. Apply when you feel extreme dryness or soothe sensitive skin, adding gel on skin whenever you need.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment