-->

Infinity Ads

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

APL DE AP's Macaroons?!

Macaroons for a cause?
Today's pasalubong was interesting. My mom brought home these macaroons from Red Ribbon Bakeshop and she said that it was Apl De Ap's Macaroons. I asked "How come?" Then she said that she found out through my lola that a part of the proceeds of these 50-peso macaroons go to his foundation for educational funds of street children in Pampanga. Initially I was weirded out and I found it funny. The first thing that will come to my mind if he sponsors something won't be macaroons but something like rubber shoes or shirts or even earphones or something like that.


I'm not a big fan of Apl De Ap nor macaroons but I thought the idea was heartwarming and amazing. I read in some articles that he plans on building classrooms for the children in Pampanga, which is his hometown. It's good to know that in this vain world of showbusiness where everyone flaunts their riches, someone is doing just the opposite through humble pastry products. So it's a happy thought for me. So if you're a fan of macaroons or know someone who likes to eat them, or even Apl De Ap, let's support Apl De Ap's macaroons! Yay for macaroons!

If you had a foundation, who would it be for and how would you fund it? :)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment