-->

Infinity Ads

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Make Your Own Eye Shadow Color! Eye Shadow DIY Idea

Do you have old eye shadows or makeup palettes hanging around waiting to be disposed of? Well, worry no further because in this DIY, I will teach you how to create your own eye shadow color from your old ones.

Here's what you will need:


Materials:
Old eye shadow palette
Empty eye shadow container
An empty small container to mix your eye shadow

Procedure: 

1. Remove all the eye shadow colors that you want to combine using an old eye shadow sponge or any small, hard tool. Place the eye shadow powders in one small container. Be sure to grind any solid or pressed powders that you see. Make sure all the powders are fine and even. I chose to mix my plain white eye shadow and the silver shimmery one for an extra glow.

2. Once you have placed all the eye shadow colors you have chosen, carefully mix the powder using the same tool that you used to remove the eye shadows from their original lids.

3. Add a little pinch (very very little) petroleum jelly in the powder mixture. This is just to hold the powder together once you will place them in the new lid. Mix again. This will form a slightly powdery paste that you can transfer on the new container.


4. Now transfer your new eye shadow on a small empty container and press it down to make it compact and to avoid spillages, like the one above. I realized that I used a broken eye shadow container so I need to re-transfer it. However, I already did a swatch sample in my hand, see? It has the shimmery look that I want in my eye shadow.


5. Now this is the actual finished product! I used an empty and fixed eye shadow container. Now it's ready to use and be placed in my makeup bag. It's not as perfect looking as your commercial eye shadows but it functions same as those you have. You can be more adventurous than me and try mixing other bold colors (think like you're making a new shade). I hope you like it and try it on your old eye shadows or palettes instead of throwing them away.

Related articles:

If you're not into much of these DIY stuff, I want you to try this one. I love ELF makeup products! They are very affordable and quality is superb. Baked eye shadows are better for me because they give a better, bolder color and the subtle shimmer will make your eyes glow. Check it out below.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment